- Phil is selected to receive the SC Space Grant Consortium graduate research scholarship to perform work on electrochemical treatment for resource recovery from source-separated urine.
- We have been selected for a fourth year in a row to host two undergraduate students over the coming summer through the Palmetto Academy program of the SC Space Grant Consortium. This year's students will work on electrochemical treatment for stabilization of source-separated urine.
- Lauren successfully defended her M.S. thesis on electrosynthesis of H2O2.
- Sudeep presented a virtual poster on our work on membrane fouling in anaerobic membrane bioreactors at the IWA Biofilms 2020 Virtual Conference.
- Sudeep presented (virtually) at the 2020 WEASC Industrial Wastewater and Pretreatment Workshop on anaerobic co-digestion of FOG with wastewater sludge.
- Sudeep presented (virtually) our work on microbial fuel cells with peroxide production for space life support systems at the 2020 MELiSSA Foundation conference.
- Sudeep presented seminars (virtually) at Arizona State University, New Jersey Institute of Technology and the University of Notre Dame. Thanks for all the invitations!
- Sudeep presented a seminar (virtually) at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Thanks to Dr. Xing Xie for the invitation!
- Sudeep presented (virtually) our work on electrochemical ammonia stripping from source-separate urine at the Rich Earth Summit.
- Ao's paper on electrochemical ammonia stripping from non-nitrified animal rendering wastewater is accepted for publication in Chemical Engineering Journal Advances.
- Emily's paper on electrosynthesis of H2O2 is accepted for publication in Journal of Power Sources.